Sunday, December 7, 2008

Today, There Be Ramble Galore.

"I was thinking of people who say that happiness is impossible on earth. Look how hard they all try to find some joy in life. Look how they struggle for it. Why should any living creature exist in pain? By what conceivable right can anyone demand that a human being exist for anything but his own joy? Every one of them wants it. Every part of him wants it. But they never find it. I wonder why. They whine and say they don’t understand the meaning of life. There’s a particular kind of people that I despise. Those who seek some soft of a higher purpose or ‘universal goal,’ who don’t know what to live for, who moan that they must ‘find themselves.’ You hear it all around us. That seems to be the official bromide of our century. Every book you open. Every drooling self-confession. It seems to be the noble thing to confess. I’d think it would be the most shameful one. "— The Fountainhead (via unicornology)(via pinkhotel)


One of the downsides(I find) in skateboarding is the constant need to change the griptape.Cause that means dismantling the whole thing, and re fixing it. which is extremely bothersome. And it means my fingers smell of rust for quite awhile.Yuck.

And school gives no reprieve. One week we hand up most of the assignments.Next week more are due. Do I look.LIKE.I.DO.NOT.HAVE.A.LIFE? weep. Woe be me. And plus christmas is soon, but I'm as broke as a shipwrecked sailor. Crud.

I did however, take the g-max thingamajig at clarke quay yesterday. And Danny with me. and the lady in the middle seat wouldn't shut up. It shot up so fast I was halfway up before I realized I was going up. 30 bucks for 30 secs. Then you wonder why I'm broke.

And did you know, or so this book I found in my book pile which was titled All about women, that women are thinking all the time? how very interesting. No wonder you lot are all so highly strung. You weren't enabled with a flush function.



Happy Birthday, You Big Bald Old Man.

No comments: