Friday, April 17, 2009

Kids.Bibs.Flibs.

You know how kids often try to be grown ups, and dress like them, act like them? As I reach the big 2, not that age really matters, I find myself having to correct me half the time when I say "when I grow up". And I can safely say,I think for everyone, that no one does. It's just learning how to behave in public, learning how to not lick the ball thats rolled all over the ground, learning about relationships and cigarettes and being cool, which is often stuck together with growing up.Its all just about learning new things you thought people only found out when they grew, and learning to fear them. I remember as a kid I would try everything as long it doesnt mutilate me or result in reprimanding from my mum. However, the one thing I never learnt and never tried too, was economics, and the whole economy thing. Firstly, cause I couldnt wrap my head around how people are bound by an thing that was made by them in the first place, and secondly and more importantly, because I thought learning that was for grown ups, so I naturally thought I would naturally know it as I grow up. Now if you ask me what the economy is and about, I can tell you a "barely beyond the surface" description, I can tell you how it works, why it works, and who's affected. But the question people fail to ask is what do I think of it. If they did, my answer would be the same as that when I first heard about it. So is it really growing up, or just learning to accommodate.

No comments: