Sunday, March 1, 2009

FlooooozeBoooooozeShooooeeze

Can you not see, my friend, what conquerers and dictators of the past often do? They oppress and they liberate, they care and they show no mercy, they are diplomatic yet warlike. See, they are not very different from us. They just have one thing many of us lack. Ambition. They seek power, and their ambition is godhood.The feeling of controling the life and death of every person under your subjucation is a godlike property, and many strive for such omnipotence. But can you not see, my friend, on how they have all failed? the harder they grasp the idea, the tighter their rein on their creations and kingdom, the more they folly, the harder they fall. That is why, my friend, I put Alexander on the pedestal.I recognise him as the greatest person ever to walk this land. Why, you ask? Because his ambition was not godhood. All he wanted was two things. To prove to everyone wrong that he was worthy of macedonia, and macedonia be worthy of the world. And to stand at the edge of the earth to see what the gods had left their for his princely eyes. And in the process and fulfiling those ideals, and governing with a benevolent hand, his men and his conquered lands called him a king and revered him like a god. So can you see my friend? Can you see how disastrous it is to mix ambition and impudent notions in the same pot? All you need to do is govern with this, and a thinking head and all will be clear" It said, as it gently tapped my backbone. And at that point, I understood.

No comments: