Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Big Kick - to a slow start

es⋅teem 
–verb (used with object)
1.to regard highly or favorably; regard with respect or admiration: I esteem him for his honesty.

2.to consider as of a certain value or of a certain type; regard: I esteem it worthless.

3.Obsolete. to set a value on; appraise.
–noun

4.favorable opinion or judgment; respect or regard: to hold a person in esteem.

5.Archaic. opinion or judgment; estimation; valuation.

e⋅go 
–noun, plural e⋅gos.
1.the “I” or self of any person; a person as thinking, feeling, and willing, and distinguishing itself from the selves of others and from objects of its thought.

2.Psychoanalysis. the part of the psychic apparatus that experiences and reacts to the outside world and thus mediates between the primitive drives of the id and the demands of the social and physical environment.

3.egotism; conceit; self-importance: Her ego becomes more unbearable each day.

4.self-esteem or self-image; feelings: Your criticism wounded his ego.

5.(often initial capital letter) Philosophy.
a. the enduring and conscious element that knows experience.
b.Scholasticism. the complete person comprising both body and soul.

6.Ethnology. a person who serves as the central reference point in the study of organizational and kinship relationships.


I've come to realize that ego and esteem, tho related in rather obvious ways. are very different.how? I will elaborate tmr. When I'm not half dead and I dont have to be in school in less then 9 hrs.

And I'll post a picture, and sing a song, and even show you where to buy good bong. Ok I"m kidding about most of that. I'll probably only get around to posting a picture.

One more week till the final sem of school based projects is over. then internship. Which is either good, or bad.

Till tmr. Adieu

No comments: