Thursday, July 30, 2009

A brolly On A Man With Tight Trolleys


So yesterday I was going to explain the differnce between Ego and Esteem. But I kind of forgot my explaination. But i'll still try

Esteem is something I think everyone must have in order to be able to enjoy themselves in life. if you aren't comfortable in your own skin, how can you be comfortable being yourself in the presence of others. However, what I have come to notice is nowadays, people often mistake ego with esteem. This false sense of security makes them think they are comfortable in their own skin but you can tell they're actually not. what they do is just flaunt that little which they have, and assume that'll suffice in covering their discomfort with the people around them. Of course this, as observed, does work.Cause birds of the same feather flock together yes? Ego, if one does have esteem, can be, of course a dangerous thing. I once parted way with a good friend( whom I met on the road today) because I called him stupid, and refused to apologise. Of course looking back I think it was dull of me to even call him stupid, but it wasn't apologising that bothered me, but having to admit my mistake that made me not want to say it. In hindsight, that was a rather shameful thing to do.

Point is. Esteem keeps us who we are. Ego drives us to excel. Deep yes? I know people whom look like they just crawled out of the devil's armpits, and yet have the cheek to comment on others. These people, have a false sense of esteem. Point made?

On a random note, the picture is of a man, with a brolly, on a ladder, at the beach by the sea.
Man, my prepositions own.

No comments: