Monday, October 6, 2008

A Spot Of Reflection


The key anyone needs to learning this, is the passion. Everyone I've met, watched, or read about, anyone remotely good and isnt doing it as a social status, will tell you that the key is to board for yourself.The pain is legendary. Danny Way has had 9 operations on his knees so far, Pat duffy has an almost metallic leg, legs and arms and wrists are constantly battered and broken.I have honeslty never dared to pass that threshold. I'm always worried about having to limp all the way home from some place at some unearthly hour.But yesterday, an article in transworld reminded me about the reasons of skateboarding.That the threshold is built by ones own inhibitions. Lance Mountain said," They're living on a higher level of fear.If Danny can do a 360 flip over a 70 foot gap, I definitely have it in my mind that its feasible down 3 stairs ... The guy has has nine knee operations - that encourages me that I can get hurt and recover" For the past month I have lost inspiration, with the chick pictures and skate vids, i hit my one year of skateboarding telling myself I started too late in life to get anywhere.I should just stick with my books. Then I read that. And I saw Zered Bassett's Zoo york vid.And then it all went away.

Crudilicious.

No comments: