Monday, February 11, 2008

Free Candy Isn't My Flavour



I have officially beaten my previous blog! 24 posts! and since Keann has so kindly pointed out to me many people go to his blog thru my blog, I can safely assume many people come here.and I thank you. I love an audience. *grins*

OK! Now chinese new year is over, the question I seem to hear alot is " show me the money!" or the local variation "how much money you get this year har", so yes, today I wish to rant about money. Back when money was created, it was just a system that was better then the trade/barter system. a system meant to make this equal and a system to allow another route to getting what you then then having to trade 5000 oxen for a child. But nowadays, this doesnt seem the case. It seems money "makes the world go round" literally. Today my friend gave me an ang bao from her folks (cause when we visited they forgot to give,thank goodness) , and since me being me, well..I dont feel comfortable taking even ang bao from my own family let along a friends folks.So i gave it back and well..lets just say, due to my very vague wave to say "keep it" to her, a couple of friends kinda thought i meant take it, and well..ravaged a 6 dollar ang bao. and that is disturbing. well I find it disturbing.I've seen big notes on pavements before, and I dont pick it up.Call me stupid, but why should I keep something I didnt earn nor own? But yet here are two 18 yr olds ravaging a $6 angbao they have no right over. Now I'm not flaming them, altho they should be ashamed; but I'm just using this as an example to say what happened to money being just the means to an end?

Picture of the day is a remake of a picture by michelangelo's painting titled when Man meets God.Mine is titled, when the world met money. It just shows how cash in all currency as been put on a pedestal so high, it can be said to be godified (no blasphemy intended)
I miss em buggers.

P.s.I cant speak properly today.WHY?!

Random thought at this point : My insatiable taste for cheap thrills.

Song on my itune : In the rain

Random quote : "Nature magically suits a man to his fortunes, by making them the fruit of his character." - Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

Random Thought for next post: photo post of t1-10.*shrugs*

No comments: